Saturday, January 6, 2018

明けましておめでとう, or 2018 feels so promising already & my new donation page

Hey peeps,
Hope you're having a great 2018. Though it's only 5 days in, already things feel really exciting for 2018. Besides the tech upgrades and gratitude rituals, the roster of upcoming films, games, and tv shows has material everybody can get excited about. I'm not sure if it's just the newness of the new year or it's 2018 in particular but it feels like there's a gorgeous tinge of optimism and motivation all around (and I'm totally okay with this).
I'm also enjoying the Twitch marathon of Yu-Gi-Oh extensively. At first I wrote off the series after the  original series ended its run in the US. But after watching 5D's this week, I'm hooked again. Though I've never been competitive with Yu-Gi-Oh, going through this marathon has had me looking up decks again and restocking the classics. It's even gotten me curious about the other summoning methods (pendulum and accel). I know in the end it's elaborate marketing, but for me it's more of a card playing nostalgia factor. Anything that gets me closer to my inner child is a win-win for me.



The only thing I need to do is restart my Mixlr shows full-time. Last month, I created my donation page on Ko-fi to help in the effort. Recently their system's gone behind a paywall so the audio livestreams have been nearly impossible to do. I had been considering going to another platform but considering the content restrictions and Mixlr containing 5 years worth of content, I found that to be an unsuitable move.
I chose Ko-fi because the system's ideal for those who can't do big donations or support me every month. It's a one-time payment and it's a consistent price ($3 a coffee). It also makes my goal simple. Getting a Mixlr Premium membership is about $20/month, which would take 7 coffees to complete it. Which means if 7 of my followers donated, Mahou Kunoichi can finally make its official comeback on Friday.

Any support - whether by donations or word-of-mouth is beneficial. In the meantime, I've been doing livestreams on YouTube and Twitch. Those will remain entirely free and out of personal enjoyment. This year's first play through will be Grim Fandango Remastered. I've seen my cousins play it but it'll be my first time playing the game so I'm excited to see how this will go.

Hope everybody has a Happy New Year and may it be a fun one! :)

<3 DJ MK

No comments:

Post a Comment