Monday, February 24, 2014

Interest Monday - Injustice: Gods Among Us

I've been playing this game for a couple of weeks now and I'm in love with it so far. Injustice: Gods Among Us seems to be a mix of Street Fighter with Dragonball Z due to its Super Moves and Wagers respectively. Even though I originally was thrown off by the super simple control scheme, with the fact that you're left without the usage of the circle/B button unless you're equipped with a weapon switch, I got used to it rather quickly and I had a lot of fun.





Martial arts and computer science knowledge is optional but I found it particularly useful when picking matches and the fighting style I'll use for each round. I fell in love with Nightwing's style because his art was what I grew up with. His style has a combination of Aikido, Kali, and Escrima (and I wouldn't be surprised if DC canon backed up my guesswork) and so it was easy to figure out which moves to spam and which ones to save for the finish. I also liked Wonder Woman's upfront combat and the projectile styles of Raven and Killer Frost. The projectile style seems to be the most successful strategy for me to date. I've played over 24 matches (10 with Frost and Raven) and I haven't had a single defeat with them.


If anyone's up for a match with me, feel free to send me a message and I'll set a date. I have a PS3. I don't have much experience with online matches so take it easy with me on the first few rounds! ^_^; If you're also up for a team, I'll be happy to join you on your journey. I'm not a member of MLG yet but I'll consider it. :) (http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/ps3/injustice-gods-among-us/)

This is the first of many cultural/MA crossovers so I hope you enjoyed this one. I may go into more detail with this game later on but I felt like giving my general opinion of the game so far. :) Happy Monday and happy gaming!

<3 TM

Top 5 Fighters I Like Using (no particular order)
1. Wonder Woman
2. Nightwing
3. Raven
4. Catwoman
5. Killer Frost

Most Victories
1. Killer Frost/Raven (no deaths)
2. Aquaman (least used, no deaths)
3. Nightwing (most used and preferred fighting style)
4. Wonder Woman
5. Catwoman

Top 5 Fighters I'd like to Master/Try Out
1. Harley Quinn
2. Hawkgirl
3. Batman
4. Aquaman
5. The Joker
(Honorable Mention - Deathstroke)

No comments:

Post a Comment