Friday, February 7, 2014

Welcome to MK!

And no, I'm not referring to Mortal Kombat (even though I love the theme and the games to death).


Welcome to Mahou Kunoichi - the one blog where martial arts interests, media and current training methods collide. I've been invested in this world since I was 4 years old and I feel like now is the time that I recorded my experiences on a blog devoted to my first "profession". I jumped back on the MA bandwagon at 21 1/2 and I'm not looking back!

As today is a math equation (2 x 7 = 14) as well as my half-birthday, I decided to give myself a present to commemorate this special day through starting up this blog. I also hope to help other people and learn more in the process.

I'm currently training in Chi Kung, specifically in the Zhan Zhuang method as illustrated in the book The Way of Energy by Master Lam Kam Chuen. In terms of prior MA experience, I have practiced Aikido for 13 years and dabbled in Tae Kwon Do, Krav Maga and Karate.

I'll talk about my Zhan Zhuang training as well as my back-story and interests - Asian culture and MA-related.

Thank you for jumping on here and feel free to look at my other site - MessagesByTanders - which covers my general interests and college life. I also love discussions so leave me a message. I'll be sure to respond as quickly as possible. :)

Peace, love and goodwill to all on this journey!
<3 TM

No comments:

Post a Comment