Sunday, May 11, 2014

Training Reset Button

Hello Magicians,

As you probably know, Mahou Kunoichi started off as a site to reflect on my martial arts training as well as connections to modern pop culture and personal interests. However, upon closer examination of my recent content, I've realized that the martial arts section of the site has minimized and I do feel some shame about that since it was originally the main theme of the site.

But that doesn't mean I'm giving up on it! On the contrary - I'm revising and rethinking my training from here.

I haven't been able to afford proper martial arts training for a long time and - as I'm doing an exchange program at the moment - I'm not able to get involved in the university's sports (and even if I could, commuting...). So rather than doing the warrior's art, I'm first going to train to have the mind and body of one via yoga and mindfulness.

So far that routine's doing wonders for me and I've been able to withstand the stress of the final weeks of work. The majority of the site's content will still be pop-culture related but on Wednesdays, I'll describe my observations and programs I've tried out.

I also put content on Mondays and Fridays so keep a lookout!

Thank you for being so patient with me. See you next post!

<3 TM

No comments:

Post a Comment